The Audio Lounge
May 4, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #36,076 of 36,174
They really are a good looking set, honestly one of the coolest design for headphones I've seen in a good bit. I've been watching these for a while, but I've decided to pass on them. I owned the Verum 1 from the first Kickstarter, and while they were pretty cool looking as well, they were not really great in the lows. Good, just not capable of accepting the EQ I use. And the Verum 2's are supposed to be even more neutral and lighter on bass. HERE is a link to a post in a thread I've been watching on another audio site that has a comparison between the Verum 2 and the Sash Tres. I thought that might interest you because of your awesome blue Sash Tres.
Thanks for the link to SBAF. I have an account over there, but I never got into their crowd.

I really like the look. To bad the bass is non-existent. They make it sound like it has a lot of bass with the bass port. But the link tells differently.

I tell you the Sash Tres is a diamond in the rough. I love mine. The headband that Sasha uses is the best by far of any planars I've tried. The sound is awesome, as is the bass.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #36,077 of 36,174
I think I've said this before.... My family is good friends with the Bachman family. My dad worked in his studio in Washington State way back in the '70s. Randy would have all the big bands out to his mansion and record there in his studio. Cool meeting some of the bands I listen to.

May 4, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #36,079 of 36,174
Thanks for the link to SBAF. I have an account over there, but I never got into their crowd.

I really like the look. To bad the bass is non-existent. They make it sound like it has a lot of bass with the bass port. But the link tells differently.

I tell you the Sash Tres is a diamond in the rough. I love mine. The headband that Sasha uses is the best by far of any planars I've tried. The sound is awesome, as is the bass.

Looks like Sasha has a new model out. Only 420 Euros. A steal for what you get. I like them better than all of the Audeze LCD models I've owned.

https://www.sash-audio.com/product-page/headphones-sash-tres-second-edition

I'm definitely more likely to end up with a Sash product than another Verum. But I do appreciate the creativity used in the design of the Verum 2. It won't be hard to tell from any other headphone that's for sure.

May 4, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #36,081 of 36,174
I'm definitely more likely to end up with a Sash product than another Verum. But I do appreciate the creativity used in the design of the Verum 2. It won't be hard to tell from any other headphone that's for sure.
Playing some COD with them right now. Nice deep pounding bass. Plus I can put the semi-open and closed cups on them and I have a close pair of cans.

May 5, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #36,082 of 36,174
The only thing about the Sash headphones is they only come in poplar wood. I wish he had some more options for wood. But, I guess when you get the wood colored it really doesn't matter aesthetically. It would be nice to have different tone woods. I do notice a difference in the cans I have with the different woods. Like my TH909s and my ZMF Blackwood's. I've had multiple pairs of Blackwood's over the years in different woods and they have sounded different. My favorite were the Zebrawood. I wish I still had them. I have a pair of Blackwood's in blackwood right now.

May 5, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #36,084 of 36,174
The only thing about the Sash headphones is they only come in poplar wood. I wish he had some more options for wood. But, I guess when you get the wood colored it really doesn't matter aesthetically. It would be nice to have different tone woods. I do notice a difference in the cans I have with the different woods. Like my TH909s and my ZMF Blackwood's. I've had multiple pairs of Blackwood's over the years in different woods and they have sounded different. My favorite were the Zebrawood. I wish I still had them. I have a pair of Blackwood's in blackwood right now.

I'm a big fan of the look and acoustic properties of Zebrawood, very good for clean bass. I was surprised to find out the M1060C's ear cups were made from it, and they just covered it up with a crazy dark stain. That's why I sanded mine down, so I could see that beautiful grain.

I do wish I had gotten a Sash Tres first gen back when you got your set. I was looking at the 16Ω version because it's supposed to have better bass, but now he only offers it in the Natural color option. No killer colors on either of the Gen 1 Tres models. You have to buy the Tres Second Editions to get the good colors now.

May 5, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #36,085 of 36,174
I'm a big fan of the look and acoustic properties of Zebrawood, very good for clean bass. I was surprised to find out the M1060C's ear cups were made from it, and they just covered it up with a crazy dark stain. That's why I sanded mine down, so I could see that beautiful grain.

I do wish I had gotten a Sash Tres first gen back when you got your set. I was looking at the 16Ω version because it's supposed to have better bass, but now he only offers it in the Natural color option. No killer colors on either of the Gen 1 Tres models. You have to buy the Tres Second Editions to get the good colors now.
He does custom headphones. I'm sure if you ask he'll do whatever you want. I have the 45ohm v1s and they have nice bass. I went this route because I wanted a balanced sound. I've thought about getting the 16ohm version to but never followed through.

May 5, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #36,086 of 36,174

Doing an image search for "Sash headphones", I see that there appears to be open and closed back versions. The shapes don't look too complicated (except for the hex cutouts on the open back) - so do you think it would be very difficult to create your own Zebrawood earpieces?

May 5, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #36,087 of 36,174
Trying out my Vali 3 a with a 396A, Thank you @jerick70 . Just a wonderful sound
1714954628489.png

May 5, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #36,089 of 36,174
Doing an image search for "Sash headphones", I see that there appears to be open and closed back versions. The shapes don't look too complicated (except for the hex cutouts on the open back) - so do you think it would be very difficult to create your own Zebrawood earpieces?
I have no wood working skills or I would.

May 5, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #36,090 of 36,174
I have no wood working skills or I would.

Wouldn't it be wild if the Zebrawood cups from the M1060C would fit the Tres? If you can, can you measure the distance between the mounting holes on your closed back Tres cups? I'll compare those measurements to my M1060C cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back